4.02.2009

Something(s) New

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

A new quilt! This was a present from Stephen's parents. I've talked about this before, but I love blankets and can never have too many. To me, they are the embodiment of Home. Mmm, nothing like a nice cotton quilt.

I've always liked the saturated colors and bold graphics of the ones at Anthropologie. And this one provides a particularly stunning backdrop for my burgeoning collection of cotton tank tops:

My enthusiasm for these is rapidly outpacing our capacity for storage. It was comical when I came home with two new tank tops yesterday and found that I can no longer fit them all into a single dresser drawer. Each time I stuff a new one in, the one on the end pops out. So I'll either have to triage these or just make sure that a few are in the laundry basket at any one time.

Lamely, I didn't fool anyone on April Fools' Day. I almost never do, although I'm quite gullible myself. I don't like practical jokes and have a lot of trouble keeping a straight face. An intern of ours told me that she texted her roommate in the morning: "It's snowing!" Ingenious: plausible, benign, but devastating in the short term. I'll have to remember it for next year.