4.04.2009

Weekend Window Update

Another Saturday spent cleaning. I started washing dishes the minute I woke up. Stephen left for his parents' house at noon (he's helping build a chicken coop for their yard), and when he called to check in at 4 pm, I was still in my pajamas, scrubbing down the windowsills with baking soda paste. I also rearranged the bookshelves, polished the wooden furniture, flushed the drains with boiling water, and replaced all of those little felt floor-protector pads that you stick on the bottom of chair legs. It's amazing how much my list of home-maintenance duties has expanded since college, when it was more like this:

1. Make bed.
2. Wash laundry.
3. Vacuum floor.
4. Go play!

While I cleaned, I listened to last week's episode of This American Life, Scenes from a Recession. It was sad, and fascinating, especially the part about the FDIC takeover of a regional bank in Washington State. The snippet of a song by former Circuit City employees after Act Three is definitely worth a listen, too.



When I finished up in the kitchen, I noticed this little beauty blooming on the windowsill. I can't remember what variety these are, but they're lovely. Amazing what dirt and seeds can make, no?

P.S. I was having trouble with the camera yesterday and didn't like how the photos in the quilt post came out, so there are new ones up now.