2.22.2009

Sickbed

On Friday, I finally caught some version of the Late Winter Cold that I'd heretofore avoided, despite weeks of exposure to sick co-workers, family and boyfriend. It hasn't been too bad, just a sore throat and a cough so far, but I headed into the weekend with a single purpose: to be really sick and lazy for two days, then return, a least partially recovered, to work on Monday. I armed myself with:

1. 11 hours of sleep each night
2. Moyashi soba at Wagamama
3. Black currant juice (for Vitamin C)
4. Meyer lemon and honey (my mom always makes this for a sore throat)
5. Blueberry tea
6. Homemade masala chai (I like to make it with Lyle's)
7. Pizza
8. Pseudoephedrine-free faux Nyquil

So far, I've definitely succeeded at the being-really-sick-and-lazy part, but we'll have to see about the returning-to-work-recovered bit. I have my doubts.