2.05.2008

Poorly



I'm sick. I've got a sore throat. I feel weak. Waaaaaaaaaahhhh.

Okay, enough whining.

Good news: The sun set after 5 today! And I voted. This is an exciting primary. People kept asking last week, "Do you know who you're going to vote for?" I've been debating it a lot with Stephen at home, with co-workers at lunch, and often in my head. It's nice that the result isn't a foregone conclusion. It's nice to see people excited rather than scared or desperate, as so many were leading up to the presidential election in 2004.

On Sunday, before I got sick, we visited the MIT museum. I've never taken an engineering course, but seeing the many cool exhibits there made me wish I was studying robotics or biomedical engineering or something. Designing robots that mimic the human sense of touch? Doing cancer research with zebra fish? That's so interesting. And useful. (And a little sad for the zebra fish.) We monopolized the ROV simulation, honing our underwater piloting skills. Stephen was the one who finally beat the time limit. He's a natural. Me, not so much.

There were some really cool sculptures/machines by Arthur Ganson, too. Check out the Quicktime videos here. I really like the one with flying scraps of paper. (Warning: There's some sound.) I'm such a two-dimensional thinker; I would never have thought to do something like that.