3.06.2010

Foremothers


Happy (almost) International Women's Day! Last year, I coordinated a big IWD event for a committee I was serving on, but we're not doing anything for it this year, so instead I plan to celebrate on Monday with some homemade carrot cake whoopie pies at our weekly staff meeting (which, come to think of it, will be attended by seven women and one feminist man, so that seems appropriate).


These (unfortunately blurry) images are from a photo that we got at a second-hand store when we went to Midnight Madness with my brother back in December. It's the Medford, Massachusetts High School senior class of 1923. I love the personalities captured in each of their faces.


Aren't they stylish? They look much cooler to me than contemporary high school seniors. Will anyone say that about my senior portrait when eighty-seven years have passed?